Awards & Alumni
Since its opening, more than 30 of the Joffrey Academy students have found positions with professional dance companies dancing successfully with The Joffrey Ballet, American Ballet Theater, New York City Ballet, Staatsballett Berlin, Dresden Semperoper, Estonian National Ballet, Tulsa Ballet, Complexions, Cincinnati Ballet, Dance Theatre of Harlem, Atlanta Ballet, Milwaukee Ballet, Memphis Ballet, Kansas City Ballet, Texas Ballet Theatre, BalletMet, North Carolina Dance Theatre, Pittsburg Ballet Theatre, Polish National Ballet, Slovak National Ballet, Ballet West, Royal New Zealand Ballet, Alabama Ballet, Ballet Austin, Ballet Nebraska, Oklahoma City Ballet, Colorado Ballet and more.
The Joffrey Academy received the distinguished honor of being named Outstanding School in 2010, 2012, and 2015 by the Youth America Grand Prix, the world’s largest international student ballet competition. The Joffrey Academy also received the Boeing Game Changer Award in recognition of its efforts to make dance accessible to all.
Youth America Grand Prix
Joffrey Academy participated in the regional Youth America Grand Prix competition in February 2015 with excellent results! The Academy won the Outstanding School Award.
• Viola Pantuso - 1st Prize Classical Category Women
• Boris Fedorov - 3rd Prize Contemporary Category Men
• Yuka Iwai - 1st Prize Classical Category Women
• Promise Smith - 2nd Prize Classical Category Women
• Akari Morimatsu, Camila Ferrera- Top 12 Classical Category Women
• Yuki Shimaoka- 1st Prize Classical Category Men
• Yossi Zarfati - 2nd Prize Classical Category Men
• Yuki Shimaoka - 2nd Prize Contemporary Category Men
• Yossi Zarfati - 3rd Prize Contemporary Category Men
Dancer photo credit: Leah Christianson